Quilters are notorious for being picky about their supplies. They want tools that make their life easier and more productive. And this Bernina 570 quilting machine, with all its special and versatile features such as a larger amount of workspace, a faster stitching speed, and a more extensive range of stitch/foot options, is a dream come true for the most demanding quilter.
This Bernina 570 quilting machine has been around for a very long time, and it is certainly one of the most sophisticated sewing machines that can be bought. With this Bernina 570 quilting machine, you can easily create the most complex and beautiful quilting patterns. Bernina 570 is a commercial-grade machine that is built for heavy use. Bernina 570 is one of the best sewing machines on the market at this point in time, which has been designed specifically to meet all your quilting needs.
Bernina 570 has received positive reviews from customers who love it for its precise stitching and ease of control. They say that Bernina 570 makes quilting very easy and stress-free! The major concern with Bernina 570 is its cost. If you have the money, then this machine will not disappoint you!
Frame, Construction, & Sewing Speed
As far as durability is concerned, this Bernina 570 has an extremely sturdy metal frame that will increase its durability and add to its performance and quality. This helps your work look professionally sewn at all times regardless if you are a beginner or experienced sewer in any way. The large sewing area of this Bernina 570 quilting machine allows you to work on larger pieces of fabric and huge projects.
The Bernina 570 quilting machine can sew at a high speed of 1000 stitches per minute, which is impressive. And you don’t have to worry about the problems of jamming since once your material gets jammed, it automatically stops making your work easy.
The Bernina 570 sewing machine also comes with an impressive range of additional features. For example, the adjustable stitch width and length capabilities enable you to easily alter these important factors depending on the type of design you’re creating. The stitch width adjustments are located on the side of the machine and allow you to change them easily without having to remove your hands from the machine. The maximum stitch width of this Bernina 570 sewing machine is 9 mm, and the maximum stitch length is 6 mm.
What We Like About Bernina 570
- Excellent design with a high-quality build and multiple features
- Sews perfectly flat and even stitches or beautiful ruffles and lettuce edges without any difficulty
- The Bernina 570 uses lesser energy to operate, making it more efficient and durable
- The stitch width and stitch length are adjustable
- As the dial is adjustable while operating the machine, you need not stop to make changes
- It is so easy to use that even beginners find it perfect for starting with it
- The knife is heavy-duty and cuts through even thick fabrics
- This Bernina 570 produces results for home décor to fashion accessories with a professional finish
- The color-coded threading guides are clear and helpful for hassle-free threading
What We Don’t Like
- The warranty could be better
- The instruction manual is not elaborate enough
- It is a bit pricy for some people
Features of Bernina 570 Sewing Machine
The Bernina 570 comes with 1450 built-in stitches. It gives you the freedom to experiment and create all sorts of sewing designs. You can use this model for quilting, garment construction, heirloom sewing, or even household crafts. The stitch quality is excellent, and you can adjust the tension of each stitch to match your sewing project’s needs, whether it be light or heavyweight fabrics.
A needle threader is a small sewing tool that often consists of a round metal piece to which a diamond-shaped wire is attached. The needle threader of Bernina 570 is made from thin metal and is stamped with the shape of the queen’s head. The needle threader is a life-saver, and you don’t need to struggle to rethread your machine.
Bernina 570’s thread cutters are very sharp and will make quick work of all the threads in your project. It will cut your thread faster and make the process easier, and you won’t have to struggle with it.
There is a speed controller included in this Bernina 570, which allows you to adjust the speed of your machines as required for specific projects or materials – slower for more intricate projects or faster for larger projects like curtains, duvet covers, and more.
Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
The presser foot of Bernina 570 can be adjusted to suit various kinds and weights of fabric, whether thin or thick. Therefore, this Bernina 570 is ideal for any material ranging from lace through denim to canvas.
You can stitch with great ease thanks to Bernina 570’s start/stop feature, which allows you to keep a check on your sewing progress, eliminating any untimely errors or mistakes at all times.
Needle Position Adjustment
The needle position option of this Bernina 570 allows you to use the guides on your presser foot and adjust the position of the sewing machine needle, letting you sew your stitches exactly where you want them.
Automatic Bobbin Winding System
Bernina 570 also boasts an automatic bobbin winding system that makes it possible for anyone to efficiently use this product without having the constant worry about running out of thread since when the bobbin runs low, just simply slide up and down the lever located at the center side of the machine until it is full again.
- Embroidery functionality
- Maximum embroidery area: 15.7″ x 5.9″ / 400×150 mm
- Maximum embroidery speed (stitches per minute): 1000
- Built-in embroidery designs: 250
- Embroidery alphabets: 7
- Embroidery design formats: EXP, DST, PES, PEC, JEF, SEW, PCS, XXX
- Onscreen editing of designs: positioning, mirroring, rotating, scaling, combining
- Import/Export of patterns via USB
- Invisible Secure
- Smart Secure
- Thread-up Command
- Programmable jump stitch cutting
- Thread Away Mode
- Midi hoop functionality (embroidery field: 265 × 165 mm, 10.5″ × 6.5″)
- Mega hoop functionality
- Freearm embroidery
- Personal memory for embroidery designs
- Lettering manipulation (WordArt)
- Color resequence
- Sequence control
- Position recall
- BERNINA ArtLink embroidery software
- Embroidery tutorial
- BERNINA DesignWorks Software & Tool compatible
- Mirroring, rotating, scaling
Sewing & Quilting Features
- Pattern start/end function
- Triple Stitch
- Pattern end programmable
- Pattern mirroring
- Free Hand System (FHS)
- Number of stitch patterns (incl. alphabet) total: 1450
- Utility stitches total: 34
- Buttonholes (incl. eyelet) total: 16
- Automatic buttonhole length measuring system
- Automatic buttonhole
- Manual multi-step buttonhole
- Button sew-on program
- Darning programs
- Decorative stitches total: 450
- Quilting stitches total: 73
- Cross-stitch programs: 34
- Sewing alphabets: 8
Who Is Bernina 570 For?
This Bernina 570 sewing machine is powerful enough for basic garment construction while still being easy enough for beginners to learn how to sew. For the home-sewer on a budget, Bernina 570 is a good investment as it is affordable and offers quality features such as a built-in needle threader and drop-in bobbin, making sewing quicker and easier than ever before.
If you’re looking for a new sewing machine with great user-friendliness, then I highly recommend Bernina 570. It is reliable, sturdy, and will give you years of great service.
Moreover, Bernina 570 operates very quietly and smoothly, making it ideal for home and commercial use. You can stitch with great ease thanks to the start/stop feature, which allows you to keep a check on your sewing progress, eliminating any untimely errors or mistakes at all times.
Tips for Using Your Quilting Machines
The best quilting machine for you personally will depend largely on your particular needs; commercial users usually prefer a heavy-duty model that can handle many hours of continuous operation without ‘breaking down’, whereas hobbyists may find that a lightweight (although more expensive) model is more suitable.
If, however, you will be using the machine professionally, then we recommend looking into heavier duty machines with features such as variable speed control, which allows the user to match the speed of the machine to the thread used (many quilters prefer using a variety of different threads)
If you’re planning on using your quilting machine in a home environment for fun or profit, then it’s always best to buy one that’s suited for your individual requirements – this may also save money in the long run!