Although you can use a regular sewing machine to quilt, the Brother CS5055PRW quilting machine has a variety of add-ons and capabilities that really separate the two. Compared with a regular sewing machine, this Brother CS5055PRW quilting machine boasts a larger amount of workspace (also referred to as ‘throat’), which is perfect for sewing large and huge projects such as curtains, sheets, and bedspreads.
And of course, Brother CS5055PRW can handle multiple layers with ease and is great for quilting projects. You can also easily sew through heavy materials without worrying about the fabric bunching up or getting stuck in the machine.
Moreover, this Brother CS5055PRW quilting machine comes with a higher stitching speed, meaning that it not only saves time but can also be used on large numbers of projects at one time. When you have less time to complete a quilting project and more items to work on, the ability to sew faster is sure to come in handy – and that’s where this Brother CS5055PRW high-speed quilting machine comes into play. This Brother CS5055PRW quilting machine is certainly not for the faint-hearted, as it requires much more from the operator than a standard quilting machine does – and he or she will be rewarded with faster results!
All in all, Brother CS5055PRW is a quilting machine for those who want quality results from their quilting efforts, and are prepared to work hard for it!
Frame, Construction, & Sewing Speed
As far as durability is concerned, this Brother CS5055PRW has an extremely sturdy metal frame that will increase its durability and add to its performance and quality. This helps your work look professionally sewn at all times regardless if you are a beginner or experienced sewer in any way. The large sewing area of this Brother CS5055PRW quilting machine allows you to work on larger pieces of fabric and huge projects.
This quilting machine has a strong motor that can handle even thick fabrics with no problem. It doesn’t snag or get stuck, which could ruin your entire project if not careful! The stitching speed of the Brother CS5055PRW is 850 spm, which is pretty decent and allows you to finish your work faster.
The Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine also comes with an impressive range of additional features. For example, the adjustable stitch width and length capabilities enable you to easily alter these important factors depending on the type of design you’re creating. The stitch width adjustments are located on the side of the machine and allow you to change them easily without having to remove your hands from the machine. The maximum stitch width of this Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine is 7 mm and the maximum stitch length is 5 mm.
What We Like About Brother CS5055PRW
- Produces highly creative output easily on various fabrics
- The stitch width and stitch length are adjustable
- It allows you to sew perfectly flat and even stitches or beautiful ruffles and lettuce edges without any difficulty
- It is so easy to use that even beginners find it perfect for starting with it
- You get smooth finishing for straight stitches and pretty gathers with perfect spacing
- The knife is heavy-duty and cuts through even thick fabrics
- The color-coded threading guides are clear and helpful for hassle-free threading
- Thread tension is adjustable, giving you excellent precision over the thread tightness
- As the dial is adjustable while operating the machine, you need not stop to make changes
What We Don’t Like
- The customer service leaves a little to be desired
- It’s a little noisy at high speed
- The instruction manual is not elaborate enough
Features of Brother CS5055PRW Sewing Machine
The Brother CS5055PRW comes with 87 different stitch functions, you can use your imagination when creating new designs or making repairs since they’re ideal for almost any type of fabric that needs repair or decoration. With these stitches, you will be able to create a wide variety of different sewing patterns and designs.
This Brother CS5055PRW comes with a handy one-step buttonhole feature that will save you lots of time and makes doing buttonholes on shirts and dresses simple and effective. If you are the type of person who loses a lot of buttons throughout the year, you really can’t afford to be without this function.
A needle threader is a small sewing tool that often consists of a round metal piece to which a diamond-shaped wire is attached. The needle threader of Brother CS5055PRW is made from thin metal and is stamped with the shape of the queen’s head. The needle threader is a life-saver, and you don’t need to struggle to rethread your machine.
Needle Position Adjustment
This Brother CS5055PRW’s features include a needle position adjustment that enables users to start and stop stitching at any point on a piece of fabric as well as adjust the needle position if they wish to add decorative stitches in such places as corners or along edges.
Automatic Bobbin Winding System
Brother CS5055PRW also boasts an automatic bobbin winding system that makes it possible for anyone to efficiently use this product without having the constant worry about running out of thread since when the bobbin runs low, just simply slide up and down the lever located at the center side of the machine until it is full again.
The Brother CS5055PRW is an excellent sewing machine for both experts and beginners. The big, easy-to-read backlit LCD screen shows stitch information that is displayed in both letters and numbers. This allows the user to easily set up the desired sequence of stitches or select one of the many preset options available and see which stitches have been programmed into memory.
- 5 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes
- Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches
- Automatic needle threading
- One-step bobbin replacement with quick set drop-in bobbin
- One-touch reverse operation
- Full Assortment of Accessories Including Sewing Feet
- Drop feed for free motion quilting. Create free-form or traditional quilt patterns
- Multiple needle position
- Sew fleece, elastic and other stretchy fabrics with the built-in stretch stitches
- Embellish or join quilt blocks with the built-in quilting stitches
- Use the built-in decorative stitches to embellish clothing, pillows, towels and more. Perfect for creating crazy quilt designs
- Create delicate family treasures using the built-in heirloom stitches
- Built-in accessory storage
- Free arm/flatbed convertible sewing surface
- Quick change presser feet
- Stitch width and length control
- Adjustable thread tension control
- Safety power and light switch
- Lightweight with built-in handle for portability
- Instruction booklet in English and Spanish
- 25 year limited warranty
Who Is Brother CS5055PRW For?
This Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine is powerful enough for basic garment construction while still being easy enough for beginners to learn how to sew. For the home-sewer on a budget, Brother CS5055PRW is a good investment as it is affordable and offers quality features such as a built-in needle threader and drop-in bobbin, making sewing quicker and easier than ever before.
If you’re looking for a new sewing machine with great user-friendliness, then I highly recommend Brother CS5055PRW. It is reliable, sturdy, and will give you years of great service.
Moreover, Brother CS5055PRW operates very quietly and smoothly, making it ideal for home and commercial use. You can stitch with great ease thanks to the start/stop feature, which allows you to keep a check on your sewing progress, eliminating any untimely errors or mistakes at all times.
Tips for Using Your Quilting Machines
If you plan on machine quilting your quilts for shows or just to sell them, making sure your work is clean and neat is significant. Most professionals will say that the best way to make sure it’s done properly is by using a frame or hoop while stitching.
The main reason why this is suggested (instead of just hand-quilting) is because it will help provide even, accurate spacing between stitches, so the result doesn’t look sloppy.
High-speed quilting machines are generally heavier than standard machines. They need stronger motors to provide greater power so that the machine can operate properly; however, they also tend to cost more than standard models.
Many people who enjoy quilting use both types of machines depending on which project they’re working with; however, if you’re planning on using your machine for commercial production, then it is well worth investing in one of these all-around quilting machine models.