Brother ST4031HD has a durable body, interior, and thread antenna made of high-quality metal. Due to its strong build, you can use it to sew heavy denim or multiple layers of fabric without any complaint.
You can adjust the stitch options, such as adjusting the width and length by just turning a dial. Its metal thread stand is responsible for the smooth rolling of the thread. The threading system is color-coded, and you can use 3 to 4 threads with this serger.
Brother ST4031HD is an apt example of functionality and value for the price. It is easy-to-use and suitable for novice to advanced users alike. The extension table is capable of handling large projects with ease.
The trim tarp is of good size and capable of holding a generous collection of fabric trimmings and threads. The blade is capable of heavy-duty as it has an industrial-grade rating of G3 level. You get to enjoy a long life and clean edges even while cutting through multiple layers of heavyweight fabrics.
Especially when sewing multiple layers, the extra-wide table supports the weight of the fabric, and you can concentrate on sewing rather than on keeping layers together. This home model serger is convenient for simple to complex projects and has a high level of versatility.
What We Like About Brother ST4031HD Serger
- Sturdy and suitable for handling heavy projects
- Presser feet such as a blind hem, gathering foot, and standard foot are included
- DVD and owner’s manual have clear instructions, answers, and tips
- 25 years of limited warranty, 2 years on electronics, and 1 year on labor and parts
- The width is adjustable from 5mm to 7 mm and the length from 2 mm to 4mm
- The color-coded threading guides are clear and helpful for hassle-free threading
- It works at a speed of 1300 SPM and has an LED to guide you through your stitching process
- It comes with a differential feed ratio of 0.7 to 2.0 that offers greater control over feed dogs while working with a variety of fabrics for multiple purposes
- It has a super-wide working table for gaining better control over your project
- The trim tarp is placed in the front, making it convenient to remove for emptying it
- The blade comes with a razor-sharp edge and is made of Carbon steel
- Its metal frame is sturdy enough to keep it from vibrating and gives you a pleasant sewing experience
What We Don’t Like
- 2-thread serge is not possible
- Standard threads cannot withstand the full speed and break while sewing
How Do Our Experts Say About Brother ST4031HD Serger
Even tools you might need will be included in your purchase. Brother also understands that visual learning is more effective than written instruction. A DVD with instructions has been included by the company to help you quickly use your new serger. These little details make the ST4031HD fun and easy to use.
Brother has included a heavy-duty metal frame in the design of the model. The serger is strong enough to withstand heavy usage. The frame is stable even at high speeds to ensure your project turns out perfectly.
The blades of the Brother ST4031HD have a durable carbon steel construction. To ensure durability and longevity, the stand is made from solid metal. For faster sewing, the stand allows the thread to be properly fed up and off the spools.
The ST4031HD can handle all heavy fabrics, which are often a problem for sewing machines. The ST4031HD can quickly be cut and finished professionally.
When it comes to threading your serger, there is an easy-to-follow color-coded path printed on your machine to make it easy to visualize the location of each thread.
To thread the serger properly, you won’t need to use a manual or a DVD. Brother also offers a choice of 3 or 4 thread options, which is flexible and allows for strong overlock seams.
You can achieve a fast stitching speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute by using your foot control. For inexperienced users, slower speeds provide more comfort, while for experienced users, faster speeds allow projects to move along at a faster pace. It also comes with an extension table that can also be used to hold and guide your materials.
Although it is not mentioned in the project description, it comes with a free arm that makes it possible to manipulate fabric easily, making it ideal for collars and cuffs and curving pieces that require more manipulation.
You can adjust the feed dog’s movement by using differential feed controls. The differential feed (range from 0.7 to 2.0) can be adjusted to allow for flexibility, smooth finishes, and even stitching.
You can adjust the stitch width with a simple knob to create a flat-looking serged seam by making the necessary adjustments.
After you are done with the unit, you can place the dust cover over your serger, which can protect the unit’s internal components from dust, allowing them to move and use freely even after being stored for long periods.
It’s an excellent serger with the power and precision to create seam and overcast quickly and easily. But the elastic threads are not recommended for the ST4031HD. Faux leather, denim, and other materials can be sewn quickly by the machine.
Before you start your project, we recommend that you watch the entire DVD. You only need to spend a few minutes understanding the unit and its functions.
Accessories and Attachments
- Wide table to tackle heavy-duty projects with ease
- 4-piece needle set to offer versatility with your projects
- 4 thread spools
- 4 spool caps
- 4 thread nets
- Foot control
- Dust cover to keep all of your components dust-free
- Trim trap that collects all of your excess trim
- 3 feet options: blind, gathering, and standard
- 3 and 4 thread options
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- High durability frame
- Large extension table
- Standard foot
- Blind stitch foot
- Gathering foot
- 1,300 stitches per minute
- Metal thread stand
- Trim trap
- Feed ratio of 0.7 to 2.0
- Color-coded threading guides
- Easy stitch width control