Quilters are notorious for being picky about their supplies. They want tools that make their life easier and more productive. And this Handi Quilter Forte 24 quilting machine, with all its special and versatile features such as a larger amount of workspace, a faster stitching speed, and a more extensive range of stitch/foot options, is a dream come true for the most demanding quilter.
This Handi Quilter Forte 24 quilting machine has been around for a very long time, and it is certainly one of the most sophisticated sewing machines that can be bought. With this Handi Quilter Forte 24 quilting machine, you can easily create the most complex and beautiful quilting patterns. Handi Quilter Forte 24 is a commercial-grade machine that is built for heavy use. Handi Quilter Forte 24 is one of the best sewing machines on the market at this point in time, which has been designed specifically to meet all your quilting needs.
Handi Quilter Forte 24 has received positive reviews from customers who love it for its precise stitching and ease of control. They say that Handi Quilter Forte 24 makes quilting very easy and stress-free! The major concern with Handi Quilter Forte 24 is its cost. If you have the money, then this machine will not disappoint you!
Frame, Construction, & Sewing Speed
There are lightweight, portable machines that are great if you tend to sew in different locations, as well as bulky, heavy-duty options that are best for pros who have a designated sewing area. This sewing machine measures 24 × 24 × 24 inches and weighs 60 pounds, which is a bit bulky and heavy, so it’s not ideal for carrying it out, but the heaviness adds more durability to the machine, meaning that Handi Quilter Forte 24 can serve you years while providing you quality and consistent stitches at the same time.
As far as durability is concerned, this Handi Quilter Forte 24 has an extremely sturdy metal frame that will increase its durability and add to its performance and quality. This helps your work look professionally sewn at all times regardless if you are a beginner or experienced sewer in any way. The large sewing area of this Handi Quilter Forte 24 quilting machine allows you to work on larger pieces of fabric and huge projects.
The Handi Quilter Forte 24 heavy duty quilting machine is powered by an impressive silent motor that provides consistent, reliable stitching speed of 2500 spm for completing a variety of stitching tasks from all types of fabrics and materials.
The Handi Quilter Forte 24 sewing machine also comes with an impressive range of additional features. For example, the adjustable stitch width and length capabilities enable you to easily alter these important factors depending on the type of design you’re creating. The stitch width adjustments are located on the side of the machine and allow you to change them easily without having to remove your hands from the machine. The maximum stitch width of this Handi Quilter Forte 24 sewing machine is 7 mm, and the maximum stitch length is 5 mm.
What We Like About Handi Quilter Forte 24
- It is so easy to use that even beginners find it perfect for starting with it
- Excellent design with a high-quality build and multiple features
- Novice users find it handy for multiple functions, which otherwise need a lot of extra effort
- The color-coded threading guides are clear and helpful for hassle-free threading
- It operates super quietly, giving you the much needed peaceful environment
- The Handi Quilter Forte 24 uses lesser energy to operate, making it more efficient and durable
- You get smooth finishing for straight stitches and pretty gathers with perfect spacing
- Its metal frame is sturdy enough to keep it from vibrating and gives you a pleasant sewing experience
What We Don’t Like
- The Handi Quilter Forte 24 vibrates on higher speed settings
- It is a bit pricy for some people
- The customer service leaves a little to be desired
- The warranty could be better
Features of Handi Quilter Forte 24 Sewing Machine
- Needle Up/Down Feature. Handi Quilter Forte 24 comes with the Needle Up/Down feature that lets your needle stop down in the fabric, which is great for applique, pivoting around a pocket corner, or free-motion sewing.
- 24″ of brightly lit throat space
- Pinpoint Needle Laser
- Easy-Set Tension
- 7-inch color touch screen (add the Pro-Stitcher and use that tablet for your machine display instead
- Menu-controlled QuiltMaster LED Lighting Package: throat, needle bar, and bobbin
- QuiltMaster front handlebars: Independently adjustable, ergonomic with integrated micro handles
- QuiltMaster servo-controlled stitch regulation (perfect stitches, every time)
- Programmable handlebar buttons
- Stitching speeds up to 2,500 stitches per minute
- Consistent stitch quality from 4-24 stitches per inch
- Two modes of stitch regulation: Precision or Cruise
- Five convenient built-in tie-off stitches
- High-speed rotary hook with large-capacity M-class bobbin
- Manual mode with three customizable preset speeds
- Pro-Stitcher ready! All necessary cabling is pre-installed inside
- Included 10-foot or 12-foot HQ Gallery2 Frame sizes
- Handi Feet-compatible; includes ruler foot and open-toe foot
- On-screen handwheel
- Magnetic Tool Minder Collar
- Bobbin-use estimator
- Front power switch
- Thread-break sensor and alarm
- Stitch counter
- Easy needle change
- Needle-stop up/down control
- Five basting stitches
Who Is Handi Quilter Forte 24 For?
This Handi Quilter Forte 24 sewing machine is powerful enough for basic garment construction while still being easy enough for beginners to learn how to sew. For the home-sewer on a budget, Handi Quilter Forte 24 is a good investment as it is affordable and offers quality features such as a built-in needle threader and drop-in bobbin, making sewing quicker and easier than ever before.
If you’re looking for a new sewing machine with great user-friendliness, then I highly recommend Handi Quilter Forte 24. It is reliable, sturdy, and will give you years of great service.
Moreover, Handi Quilter Forte 24 operates very quietly and smoothly, making it ideal for home and commercial use. You can stitch with great ease thanks to the start/stop feature, which allows you to keep a check on your sewing progress, eliminating any untimely errors or mistakes at all times.
Tips for Using Your Quilting Machines
If you plan on machine quilting your quilts for shows or just to sell them, making sure your work is clean and neat is significant. Most professionals will say that the best way to make sure it’s done properly is by using a frame or hoop while stitching.
The main reason why this is suggested (instead of just hand-quilting) is because it will help provide even, accurate spacing between stitches, so the result doesn’t look sloppy.
High-speed quilting machines are generally heavier than standard machines. They need stronger motors to provide greater power so that the machine can operate properly; however, they also tend to cost more than standard models.
Many people who enjoy quilting use both types of machines depending on which project they’re working with; however, if you’re planning on using your machine for commercial production, then it is well worth investing in one of these all-around quilting machine models.