Juki MO-1000 serger comes with a unique feature of jet-air looper threading. It is a user-friendly machine and features a loaded workhorse with a sturdy base as well as top-rating among its counterparts.
The long-cutting knife offers flawless and precise cuts each time you use it. Speaking of price, it offers exceptional value to cost owing to its cutting-edge features and durability. You get secure, tight, and pretty stitches with MO-1000 serger.
The seven stitch options include a 2-thread overlock, and for the 3-thread option, you get an overlock, narrow overlock stitch, rolled hemstitch, flatlock stitch, and lettuce-edge rolled hemstitch. The 4-thread overlock sewing facility is also available.
You get both right and left needle adjustment options along with a 2 mm alteration for a rolled hem. For the right needle, you get a scope of 3mm to 7mm change, and for the left needle, you can adjust from 5 mm to 9 mm. Similarly, the length of the stitch has a range of 1 mm to 4mm.
Its top speed of 1500 SPM is impressive and helps you accomplish more in a short time. The color-coded threading system is easy to follow. An LED light illuminates the work area and gives you ample lighting to work comfortably.
What We Like About Juki MO-1000 Serger
- High-quality, sturdy serger with innovative technology
- Wide throat area for handling heavy projects
- Seven stitch options allow you to work on a range of projects with various needs.
- High-speed of 1500 SPM is amazing.
- The safety feature ensures that the machine does not operate when the presser foot is up, or the front cover is ajar.
- Affordable in comparison to its counterparts
- The color coder and the jet air function together make the threading process easier.
- The 0.7 mm to 2 mm ratio adjustability of a differential feed helps in adjusting the stitched result to various fabrics with precision.
- Controls are positioned comfortably for adjusting them quickly when needed
- The longer knife gives you clean cuts, and retracting it is also very easy
- You get a warranty of 25-years on mechanical parts, 2 years on electricals, and 1 year on labor.
- Easy to use for all types of users, i.e., from beginners to professionals
- Operates quietly due to the excellent craftsmanship of Juki, the producer of high-end machines
- DVD provides clear step-by-step instructions
What We Don’t Like
- The scrap catcher position is not comfortable enough for removing it easily, and it sometimes misses the fabric scraps.
- The instruction manual is not elaborate enough
How Do Our Experts Say About Juki MO-1000 Serger
The Juki MO-1000 weighs in at 23 pounds, and it’s almost as light as other serger machines in its size category (15.4”x 15.2’& 16.3 ).
This model has an automatic needle threading function and jet air loopers that make threading easy. This machine does all the work for you, so there’s no need to fuss with threads, follow diagrams or get frustrated.
An upper looper converter is another great feature of the Juki MO-1000 serger. By moving the 2-/3-thread switchover attachment to the left, you can convert from 3-thread to 2-thread sewing.
You can use the adjustable differential feed to work with many fabrics, including stretchy knits. This unit is just right for creating beautiful inside curves.
This machine is even more impressive with its extra features like an LED light, automatic rolling hem, upper knife, and waste collector, which gathers cut-off fabrics.
This machine is safe. The Juki MO-1000 won’t work if the cover is opened or the presser foot is in the upper position.
Juki MO-1000 comes with many useful accessories. These include an instructional DVD, needle set, oiler, scrap catcher, a needle set, scrap catcher, and looper threader. Additional accessories and attachments are available for an additional fee.
This serger is made by one of the most respected brands in the industry and offers features that most people dream of. This is a self-threading serger and would be a great choice if you don’t want to have to go through all the trouble and frustration of re-threading everything.
It is quiet and can sew quickly. You don’t need to worry about the kids getting up in the morning or being interrupted by your sewing.
The Juki MO-1000 serger is an excellent choice if you are looking for a high-end machine that is easy to use and has many useful features.
Features of Juki MO 1000 Serger
- Maximum sewing speed: 1,500 spm
- Differential feed: 0.7-2
- Overlocking width: Rolled Hem: 2mm; Right needle: 3-7mm; Left needle: 5-9mm
- The stitch length is 1-4mm
- There are 2/3/4 threads
- Presser foot lift: 5mm (8mm max)
- Rolled hem, and 2-,3- and 4-thread overlock stitches
- Air-supported threading
- Automatic needle threader
- Quiet operation
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Thread trimming
- Waste collector for cut-off fabric
- LED sewing light
- Wide throat area
- 2-/3-thread conversion
- Adjustable differential feed