Juki MO-114D is a reasonably priced model with a user-friendly operation process and innovative functionality. This portable serger is well-designed and produces excellent output that is on par with expensive machines.
Even if you are new to using a serger, it should not bother you when you get to work with Juki MO-114D, as its threading process is very easy. The lay-in threading feature and the easy-to-use technology are the most attractive elements of this Juki machine.
It is capable of 9 stitch options using 2-3-4 thread variations with a color-coded guide for easy threading and stitches adjustment provision for more customized stitches. The length of the stitch is modifiable by turning the dial on the right side of the machine.
It is variable from 1mm to 4mm for length. Similarly, the stitch width is also variable using the dial. What’s interesting is that it is variable right when you are working, and this serger gives you a smooth transition.
You get to sew at a speed of 1500 SPM, which is ample for a home model machine and gives you enough scope for working quickly on your projects. The light bulb plays a good role in helping you sew more precisely by illuminating the work area.
What We Like About Juki MO-114D Serger
- The color-coded slots with lay-in thread tension slots are a boon for threading this serger.
- A lower looper and the press of a lever are also helpful in completing the threading process.
- With the adjustable differential feed ratio range of 0.7mm to 2mm, you can adjust the feed process.
- You get smooth finishing for straight stitches and pretty gathers with perfect spacing.
- The rolled hems are crisp and neat, yet they do not need a special foot or throat plate.
- Secures your fabric in a secure and strong overlock stitch over the newly cut edge.
- Thread tension adjustment is a breeze using the easy-to-access front situated lever.
- Work your knit fabrics to any other typical kinds using the 1 to 9 range of tension settings.
- The cutting knife position is adjustable based on your need for various fabrics or different stitches you need to make.
- Most settings are achievable just by a turn of a dial, making it easy to operate the serger.
- It operates quietly and smoothly, giving you peace of mind for your creative pursuits.
- From threading to operation, everything is provided in detail in the instruction guide.
- You get 5 years of mechanical warranty, 1 year on electronics, and 90 days on labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Specific kinds of needles, i.e., 130R / 705H, are the only ones suitable for use with this serger
How Do Our Experts Say About Juki MO 114D Serger?
The Juki MO-114D is a 2/3/4 thread serger. You can use it with various fabrics, from delicates like chiffon to heavy fabrics like denim. There are nine built-in stitches in this serger, which is pretty standard because many models have more than others. The Juki MO-114D comes with two rolled hemstitches that do all the work for you with just a flip of a switch.
Sergers can stitch at twice the speed of regular sewing machines. You’ll see speeds of around 1,300 stitches per minute on average (though they can be as low as 1,000 stitches or as high as 1,500 stitches per min).
You can make your projects go faster by using Juki MO-114D’s high stitching speeds, which is especially important if you have lots to do.
The Juki MO-114D tackles the problem of threading complexity in several ways. First, there is a color-coded system for thread guides. Secondly, the front cover can be opened all the way, making it easier to access the lower looper than with other models. A switch allows you to move the lower looper in the right position for easier threading.