Juki has a reputation for producing high-quality sergers using its powerful drive cutting system yet provides users with an easy-to-use design. This Juki MO-654DE serger is portable and comes with a 2-3-4 thread capability that offers several uses along with ease of moving it.
The customization and adjustability features make it more interesting and versatile. The automatically rolled hem facility is the most appreciated of all functions this serger can perform. You can sew flatlock and overlock stitches with the required customization that your project demands.
It is capable of 1500 SPM speed and can use 2 needles as well as 2-3-4 threads for creating different stitches. The differential feed adjustability aids in your creativity by feeding fabric aptly and conveniently for various uses to ensure even stitches.
The incandescent lighting gives you ample brightness for working precisely as you can view the work area better. It has all the necessary functions and versatility a home serger requires and performs efficiently for its designated jobs.
You can also experiment with various ideas and receive support from this serger that allows you to venture further into your creative pursuits. Entry-level users find it most useful and more than enough for their necessities.
What We Like About Juki MO-654DE Serger
- The automatic rolled hem feature is capable of producing a neat finish with a clean edge without the need to change the foot.
- The color-coded threading guide is handy to insert threads into place as it shows you the process visually, making it easier.
- Adjustable differential feed helps in making pretty gathers or to sew stretchy fabrics without losing shape or stretching them too much.
- Dial control place on the front of the machine is useful in customizing the stitch options.
- The knife system is retractable when not required and functions efficiently by offering smooth cuts when in use.
- The presser foot comes with a built-in tape guide for sewing stretchy fabric seams evenly.
- This serger is capable of sewing swimwear, costumes, and athletic wear.
- It comes with a limited 2 years warranty of motor and electronics and 5 years on the rest of the machine, excluding consumable parts.
- Its smaller size and light weight allow you to store it off when not in use.
- The safety switch makes sure that the machine does not run when you open the swing cover for various uses.
- Most users find it easy to use and agree that even beginners can perform complex operations such as gathers effortlessly using this serger.
What We Don’t Like
- You need to get a hand of thread tension as it is prone to breaking when it is not right.
How Do Our Experts Say About Juki MO 654DE Serger?
Juki MO-654DE is a reliable, smooth, strong, affordable serger made up of many of the same components used in industrial machines among the top domestic brands.
The MO654DE is an upgrade to the 644D. However, the 644D is recommended to handle light to medium-weight fabrics, while the 654DE can handle thicker layers.
The color-coded guide makes it quick and easy to thread. If you add new colors to your existing tails, you don’t need to worry about threading. The lower looper was easy to thread. No more looking at the thread to make sure it is threaded correctly.
It is effortless for any user to adjust the tension so far. The tension dials for Juki MO-654DE are located on the machine’s face, unlike the Brother, who had them on the top. However, if tension is a problem, it is recommended to look online for tutorials or reading the Colette Guide to Sewing Knits serger chapter (but these instructions are not very detailed, in our opinion)
The best thing about this serger is its ease of cleaning. It swings out from the front and sides, making it easy to reach in with a lint brush. It was a pain to clean the Brother sewing machine, as you had to disassemble the whole machine using a screwdriver. However, it is not the case with the Juki MO654DE serger.