The 2-needle 5-thread Juki MO-6716S serger is an industrial-grade machine for overlock. It uses the 5-thread technique of safety stitch to ensure flexibility and strength of the stitch. You get a speed of 7000 SPM that fuels your productivity well.
The heavyweight of the serger keeps it steady in a place and indicates a high-quality build that lasts for a lifetime. Even the table is made of metal making it suitable to withstand wear and tear easily.
It comes with a Servo motor that is of superior quality and is reputed to use little energy while giving the best output. It also helps in quiet operation and achieving good speed. This model comes without any bells or whistles but guarantees blindingly fast speed.
The 3-5 thread stitches such as overlock are adjustable within a range of 0.8mm and 4mm length, and the width ranges from 1.6mm to 6.4 mm. As the presser foot goes up to the height of 7mm, working with multiple layers or thick fabric is easy.
The LED gives enough lighting to keep the work area bright, helping you to utilize the speed without hesitation. It is a high-quality serger with consistent output and sews a variety of fabrics at top speed.
What We Like About Juki MO-6716 Serger
- It is a basic overlock serger that does exactly what it is meant to without any fuss.
- Durable for years to come with solid construction and quality build material.
- Works at a top speed of 7000 SPM and produces even stitches with a clean presentation.
- The spacious metal table is capable of working with larger projects without any difficulty.
- You can sew a variety of fabrics from light to heavy flawlessly.
- The Servo motor has several advantages such as speed limiting, reverse mode enabling, energy conservation, and quiet working.
- Differential ratio adjustment facility gives you the scope of adjusting it for various jobs such as gathering that needs a value of 1:2 and for stretching with 1:4.
- Adjustable thread tension control gives you a better handle over the stitch tightness, which is important to achieve a neat finish.
- The front panel of the serger has various controls related to stitching customization in an accessible place for easy operation.
- Overedge seam cutting width is adjustable from 1.6mm to 6.4 mm and is cut neatly using razor-sharp knives.
What We Don’t Like
- As the color-coded guide is not present, the user requires little practice for threading.
- Can provide only basic overlock stitches of 3 and 5 threads
- The very little warranty period
How Do Our Experts Say About Juki MO 6716 Serger
The Juki MO-6700DA is a highly efficient and cost-effective serger that can be used with a variety of materials and sewing processes. It produces beautiful, soft-to-the-touch seams with the least operating noise.
The machine has a needle-thread and a looper-thread take-up mechanism to provide enhanced responsiveness to light- to medium-weight materials. It achieves well-tensed soft-feeling seams that are flexible to the material’s elasticity at a maximum speed of 7,000 stitches per minute.
You can also use the same gauges and devices on your JUKI machines without any additional machining. This reduces waste and unnecessary costs.
The new needle bar mechanism’s upper and lower bushings improve the reliability and durability of the unit. The machine is equipped with a cooling fan and a cartridge-type oil filter for added durability and reliability.
There are several mechanisms and features in the machine, including an internal/external adjustment mechanism to adjust the differential feed ratio and the dog’s inclination. These can easily be adjusted to make seams that match the material. The machine is designed to be comfortable and has a larger area for needle entry.