Although you can use a regular sewing machine for quilting, the NEW King Quilter II quilting machine has a variety of add-ons and capabilities that really separate the two. Compared with a regular sewing machine, this NEW King Quilter II quilting machine boasts a larger amount of workspace (also referred to as ‘throat’), which is perfect for sewing large and huge projects such as curtains, sheets, and bedspreads.
And of course, NEW King Quilter II can handle multiple layers with ease and is great for quilting projects. You can also easily sew through heavy materials without worrying about the fabric bunching up or getting stuck in the machine.
Moreover, this NEW King Quilter II quilting machine comes with a higher stitching speed, meaning that it not only saves time but can also be used on large numbers of projects at one time. When you have less time to complete a quilting project and more items to work on, the ability to sew faster is sure to come in handy – and that’s where this NEW King Quilter II high-speed quilting machine comes into play. This NEW King Quilter II quilting machine is certainly not for the faint-hearted, as it requires much more from the operator than a standard quilting machine does – and he or she will be rewarded with faster results!
All in all, NEW King Quilter II is a quilting machine for those who want quality results from their quilting efforts, and are prepared to work hard for it!
Frame, Construction, & Sewing Speed
As far as durability is concerned, this NEW King Quilter II has an extremely sturdy metal frame that will increase its durability and add to its performance and quality. This helps your work look professionally sewn at all times regardless if you are a beginner or experienced sewer in any way. The large sewing area of this NEW King Quilter II quilting machine allows you to work on larger pieces of fabric and huge projects.
The NEW King Quilter II quilting machine can sew at a high speed of 2200 stitches per minute, which is impressive. And you don’t have to worry about the problems of jamming since once your material gets jammed, it automatically stops making your work easy.
What We Like About NEW King Quilter II
- The color-coded threading guides are clear and helpful for hassle-free threading
- The knife is heavy-duty and cuts through even thick fabrics
- Novice users find it handy for multiple functions, which otherwise need a lot of extra effort
- It operates super quietly, giving you the much needed peaceful environment
- You get smooth finishing for straight stitches and pretty gathers with perfect spacing
- A decent warranty makes it serve you for years
- It allows you to sew perfectly flat and even stitches or beautiful ruffles and lettuce edges without any difficulty.
What We Don’t Like
- It’s a little noisy at high speed
- The NEW King Quilter II vibrates on higher speed settings
- The instruction manual is not elaborate enough
- Experienced sewers may find the speed a little slow
- The scrap catcher position is not comfortable enough for removing it easily, and it sometimes misses the fabric scraps
Features of NEW King Quilter II Sewing Machine
Needle Up/Down Feature
NEW King Quilter II comes with the Needle Up/Down feature that lets your needle stop down in the fabric, which is great for applique, pivoting around a pocket corner, or free-motion sewing.
7″ Color Touchscreen Included
The NEW King Quilter II is an excellent sewing machine for both experts and beginners. The big, easy-to-read backlit LCD screen shows stitch information that is displayed in both letters and numbers. This allows the user to easily set up the desired sequence of stitches or select one of the many preset options available and see which stitches have been programmed into memory.
- 18″ Throat Space
- Stitch Precision Mode
- Stitch Cruise Mode
- 4 to 22 Stitches Per Inch
- Stitch Manual Mode – 2 Presets
- Light Ring Included
- 2,200 Stitches Per Minute
- M Class Bobbin
- Optional 10ft or 12ft Frame available
- Front handlebars with control buttons – adjustable and customizable
- Optional Rear Handlebars with controls
- Stitch Counters
- Warranty (Casting/Mechanical/Electrical): 10yr/5yr/5yr
- 8 Watt LED Power Consumption
- 5mm Sew Foot Stroke/Lift
- 35.3 mm Needle Bar Stroke
- 73 mm Take-Up Stroke
- Permamnent Kluber Lube Main Components Lubrication
- Velocite 10, Texaco 22 Hook Lubrication
- Bobbins (5 Pieces, one in machine)
- Needle (135 x5) Size 16 (Pack of 10)
- Needle (135 x5) Size 18 (Pack of 10)
- Bobbin Case
- Spool Stand
- Thread Mast
- Pin Oiler
- Lint Brush
- Power Cord
- 2.5 mm L Allen Tool
- 4 mm L Allen Tool
- 8mm Combo Wrench
- User Manual
Who Is NEW King Quilter II For?
Are you searching for a durable yet light machine with all the necessary features? If yes, then NEW King Quilter II is just right for you. This NEW King Quilter II sewing machine will impress you with its design and aesthetics as well as performance. The NEW King Quilter II sewing machine comes loaded with lots of features that make it stand out from other products in the same category.
For example, its needle threading feature, automatic bobbin winding system, drop-in bobbin, speed control, drop feed system, and one-step buttonhole make it a preferred choice of both professional and novice sewers. Not only will you be impressed with its strong stitch quality, but also with its speed which is about 2200 stitches per minute. It also has an ambidextrous design that makes it more user-friendly for all types of users.
The NEW King Quilter II also boasts of an extensive range of stitch options as well as an LED light that illuminates the workspace very clearly. The NEW King Quilter II sewing machine is comparatively cheaper than other machines, yet it offers excellent performance and function.
We recommend this NEW King Quilter II to those who want high-quality stitching at an affordable price with lots of features found in expensive sewing machines.
Tips for Using Your Quilting Machines
The best quilting machine for you personally will depend largely on your particular needs; commercial users usually prefer a heavy-duty model that can handle many hours of continuous operation without ‘breaking down’, whereas hobbyists may find that a lightweight (although more expensive) model is more suitable.
If, however, you will be using the machine professionally, then we recommend looking into heavier duty machines with features such as variable speed control, which allows the user to match the speed of the machine to the thread used (many quilters prefer using a variety of different threads)
If you’re planning on using your quilting machine in a home environment for fun or profit, then it’s always best to buy one that’s suited for your individual requirements – this may also save money in the long run!